Hello,

In OS X you can start pcscd from startup in /System/Library/StartupItems
by creating a folder called SmartcardServices and adding the file in the
docs directory (plist/SmartcardServices file).

Currently none of the 3 readers mentioned below have drivers.  The SLB
Reflex 64 WILL work if you have a serial port and a Mac serial conv cable.
PCMCIA is not yet done and the iKey I believe might be in progress.  OS X
drivers currently exist for SCM, ACS, One-o-one, and Gemplus readers and
some are in development.
OS X does not currently use PAM for authentication but I would assume that
some sort of authentication API's will exist in the near future.

Hope this helps,
Dave

>Hi,
>
>Im running Mac OS X Public Beta. I compiled and installed the latest
>pcsc-lite. I have a few questions:
>
>* How do I start pcscd at boot? I saw a .plist file somewhere.
>* Where do I get the mentioned driver bundles?
>* Is there support for Rainbow iKey 2000 / will there be?
>* Is there support for SLB Reflex 64 with a USB to Serial?
>* Is there support for SLB Refex 20 PCMCIA?
>
>I have an ikey, R20 and R64 reader. Im not sure after the driver what Id
>need to enable applications. Id like to be able to do S/MIME and maybe
>X.509 Cert logon (with PAM?). Though I'll be grateful for whatever support
>I can get :o)
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Andrew
>_______________________
>Andrew Back
>Messaging & Directory Services Architect
>Iomart
>Tel: 0141 931 7046
>http://www.iomart.com/
>Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
>(Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
>http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html

David Corcoran                                  Purdue University
1008 Cherry Lane
West Lafayette, IN 47906
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
765 - 427 - 5147                                http://www.linuxnet.com