On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 12:57:20PM -0700, David Corcoran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You can't use pcsc-lite-0.9.1 for remote use of the resource manager.  I
> wanted to create the core package as local only.  I'm working on an RPC
> like service that sits atop the local service which will export the PC/SC
> interface .....  To the apps it will be identical to the older versions
> that used RPC.

I don't think using RPC is a good idea.
You use a smartcard to provide security in a unsecure environment.
I don't want to send my PIN code in clear over RPC. You need to have
authentication, integrity and confidentiality of your networks
communications.
You could use 'secure RPC' but it will be hard to find implementations
of it outside SUN.

If you send your PIN code in clear over the network why not just use
telnet ? :-(

I want a secure channel between my smartcard and the program sending
commands to it.

--
Ludovic Rousseau
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gemplus/Information Security Team

      O   ascii ribbon campaign against html
      |\    email and Microsoft attachments.