On 07/03/15 08:29, Russel Winder wrote:
On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 21:58 -0500, Bill Deegan wrote:
Anatoly,

How long do the builds of wesnoth and blender take? (on a reasonable, but
not super fast/new machine)
I may have missed something in the past, but is there a reason we are
not making use of Travis-CI, Snap-CI, Codeship, Drone.io as well as
running the core Buildbot?

I have to admit I have tried for a Python codebase, but for my Groovy
codebases, these public CIs are well worth it. Not just for the CI, but
also for the marketing angle of the fact that the projects are publicly
visible. So I suggest we get SCons up there even if it is just for show.
We may then find we can use the systems to handle these "out of band"
builds.
I tried using Drone.io with my own development branch on Bitbucket, but there is a 15 minute time limit on builds (see the Limits section here http://docs.drone.io/buildscript.html) so the regression suite doesn't complete. If anyone's interested my builds are at https://drone.io/bitbucket.org/ajf58/scons.

Travis is tightly coupled to using Github and they seem very against adding support for projects on Bitbucket (see https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/667) and it looks like Snap-CI is similarly tied to the de-facto home of OSS. I'm as keen as I was back in July 2014 (https://pairlist2.pair.net/pipermail/scons-dev/2014-July/001511.html) to see something happen to the issues on Tigris. The priority assignments just don't seem to translate to what's fixed in subsequent point releases, which makes it a really confusing list to browse.

Andrew