Hi Tim,

On 29.08.2017 17:02, Tim Jenness wrote:
If you can add labels during the import then you could conceivably add age-based labels such as “ancient”, “1year”, “2years” or whatever. Then you would be able to get some feel for which ones are the old ones that have been lingering. That combined with ordering by issue number should be enough.

this would probably help. But there are some more things to regard ("problems"?) when migrating to Github. One additional drawback is that you can't directly attach files to an issue. I found some links today that may give more food for thought:

https://github.com/JamesMGreene/gc2gh-issue-migrator

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/silverstripe-dev/MXBJoYUHTkg

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7281304/migrate-bugzilla-issues-to-github-issue-tracker

http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/Migrating-issues-to-GitHub-td31124.html

Overall I still see that we'd lose a lot of information and functionality, but if we come to the conclusion that we don't actually need those...it'll be fine with me. ;) I just don't want people to scream "bloody murder" afterwards and having to do another migration to fix things. ;)

Best regards,

Dirk