The Straloch version and Oswald version are two entirely different pieces
with no connection whatsoever. I recorded the Straloch ports - 5 of them -
on 'Flowers of the Forest'. Oswald must have heard of an old piece, thought
lost, and tried to summon it out of the 'air', so to speak.  For a harp
player, playing both pieces back to back would be fun. Somewhere at the back
of my mind I remember Bill Taylor talking about two Rorie Dall's, one a
Morrison, I forget the other. Can anyone clear this up?

Great website, Bruce. I have transcribed 'Hallow My Fancy' and will put it
on my website soon, along with a few versions of Auld Lang Syne.

Rob
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.robmackillop.com