Steve Wyrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The RSCDS usually publishes the title tunes along with the dances so I'd
> think it would be available.  Maybe it's just not a very interesting tune?
> I'll keep my eyes open for a copy of Miss Milligan's Miscellany.

The Miscellany books don't come with music attached to the dances.
However, there are two books of music edited by the late Nan Main (a
well-respected RSCDS pianist in her day) that do contain
somewhat-canonical tunes for a number of the dances in Miss Milligan's
Miscellany, many of which were composed by Nan M. herself, but there's
also a good smattering of traditional tunes. For `Gramachie', one of
these books suggests a tune by the name of `Provost Skene's House' (by
Nan M.), and since that is also the tune recorded by Muriel Johnstone,
widely regarded as the current _grande dame_ of SCD music, this is
probably as good as it gets for the dance as far as the RSCDS is
concerned.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
It's the ego trip of the century to write your own operating system.