Hi FOLks,

It' s quite chilly here this Sunday. I wish I had managed to get to
Nigel's mandolin workshop yesterday. However I was feeling ropey after an
infection I've been fighting all week. So, Nigel, for the benefit of you
and the participants, it's as well I did not make it to Edinburgh. How did
it go Nigel?

Last night I caught the the item on Radio Scotland about the new edition
of the Glen Collection. Charlie Gore, and Eric Allan did the talking when
the host of the programme  "Take the Floor" let them. The fiddler was
Duncan Dyker. You can catch it again this evening just about 7,00 pm I'd
say.

IT can be heard across the internet. Go to the Radio Scotland website. I
found it by typing in "bbc radio scotland" into the Google search engine.

Sunday afternoon and evening is feast of music of all sorts.

1.05 The Reel blend - the radio home of the fiddle and accordian clubs.
Some song and CD REviews.

3.05 Classical music. Often SCottish orchestras and ensembles I think.
Sometimes a piece of Scottish 18th C music.

5.05 Pipeline a mixture of ceol beag, pibroch, pipe bands, solo
performances, CD reviews. Often examples of the various bellows blown
types of pipes.

6.05 - 7.30 Take the floor - the radio home of the SCottish Country Dance
band scene.

8.05 Brand new Opry - Country Music - repeated from Friday 7.05 pm

10.05 - Midnight Be-bop to Hip Hop.( repeated from Tuesday 7.05) In my
opinion an excellent programme. Last week playing some nice John Coltrane
tracks with Eric Dolphy.

On SAturday night, from 10.05 there is the toe hour Travelling folk
presented by Archie Fisher. This is repeated from Thursday night at 7.05pm.

I should also mention Celtic Connections on 7.05 on Tuesday which seems to
cover roots music from far and wide. I only listen occasionally.

I reckon we are pretty well served by Radio Scotland. Their one
disappointment is the Ian Anderson no longer plays a Celtic/Classical mix
from 2.05 - 4.00 pm on weekdays. The music is more of a soft rock and
country mixture now.

There are details of most of the programmes on the web page- so for those
of you who want to know what you're going to get before trying the web
link, the key items in each programme are listed.

I'd be interested to know if anyone on this list listens regularly to any
of the above via the web and their opinions of the programmes.

Tune in tonight for the Glen Collection item.

Philip

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]