Nigel Gatherer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I been looking (fruitlessly) for some background to the tune "Highland
> Cathedral" by Michael Korb & Ulrich Roeve. Can anyone tell me more, or
> point me to a likely source?

When it was played as the finale of the Edinburgh Tattoo (?1992?)
they said it had been written by a Berliner for the people of Scotland.
I also heard unofficially that they were very tight with their
copyright, so you have to get permission (and pay for it) to play it
in public.  Allegedly.  I doubt the Edinburgh buskers pay their dues...

Ian
--
IndigoVision Ltd                           http://www.indigovision.com/
The Edinburgh Technopole,  Bush  Loan,  Edinburgh,  EH26  0PJ
Tel: [+44] (0)131 475 7234                 Fax: [+44] (0)131 475 7201
Personal: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.scottishdance.net
             Feed the world: http://www.thehungersite.com/
The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us
immediately on the above detailed phone number and delete the message from
your computer: you may not copy or forward this e-mail, or use or disclose
its contents to any other person. We thank you in anticipation for your
assistance. As internet communications are capable of data corruption no
responsibility is accepted for changes made to this message after it was
sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on information
contained in this e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. In
addition, no liability or responsibility is accepted for viruses and it is
your responsibility to scan any attachments to this e-mail. Nothing in this
e-mail shall constitute or be construed as constituting an offer, obligation
or an acceptance of any offer previously made. Opinions, comments and other
information in this e-mail that do not relate to the business of
IndigoVision Group plc, IndigoVision Limited and/or IndigoVision, Inc. shall
be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the companies or any of them.