On Wed, 1 May 2002, Nigel Gatherer wrote:

> I've been looking for you, Peter, but I've turned up a total blank so
> far. It's possibly one of Foss's own tunes. If Anselm Lignau is
> listening in, he'd be able to help more than I. There's a database of
> CD tunes somewhere, but I've mislaid the URL.

Thanks, Nigel.  This is already interesting, as I hadn't been aware that
Hugh Foss wrote tunes as well as dances.  I wonder whether anyone wouold
be in contact with Bill or Hope Little (dance teachers from Castle
Douglas, and I believe Bill was church organist), who might know more
about this.

Perhaps I'll try posting on the Strathspey list, where Anselm is almost
surely "listening in".

Peter McClure
Winnipeg, MB