Steve Wyrick wrote:

> ...Laurieston and the other 3 tunes from this book are all name tunes
> for Foss' dance Cairn Edward Jig. This dance is a 24-bar 3-couple
> jig which is unusual in that like the tune it's comprised of 3-bar
> figures.  I don't know of any other dance written this way...

Could the eightsome reel benefit from specially written measured tunes?
It's just that whenever I've played for it we've played a series of
reels AABBAB, giving 24 bars - it's difficult when you're not used to
it! Would 12-bar reels played make sense from the dancer's point of
view? I really mean would it make any difference to the dancers?
Confuse the heck out of the musicians!

X:384
T:Fairy Dance, The
C:Apologies to Nathaniel Gow
Z:Nigel Gatherer
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:D
de | f2 fd cdeg | f2 fd gfed  | cABc d2  :|
fg | a2 ba gfge | fefd  B2 ge | cABc defg |
     a2 ba gfge | fefd  B2 ge | cABc d2  |]

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]