Has anyone mentioned the new CD of J. Scott Skinners original recordings which were
recorded by him between 1905 & 1922?  I've been off the list and may have missed this
if it was discussed.
I ordered my copy two days ago.  It's called "The Strathspey King" as it should be.
The recordings are taken from old wax cylinder recordings and old 78 lp recordings.
They have been digitally enhanced in that they supposedly have taken most of the
crackling and popping out ( except for the last tune "The President" - which Skinner
originally named "The Emporer".)  The notes say that "The President" is digitally
remaster and then repeated in it's original/existing state with all the pops and
crackling.  Still, it is warned that it is NOT Hi-Fi quality but rather just as it was
recorded by Skinner himself.

I'm anxious to hear it.