Nigel Gatherer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Subject: [scots-l] Burns Night
>
>Did you celebrate?

We celebrated in Boise at the Boise State University campus Student Union
building, on Saturday the 25th.  It was the 100th anniversary celebration
for Boise, the first one being in 1903.  I fiddled on stage a bit before
the evening officially started, then a bit more with a newly formed band
called McKinnon's Bru.  Danced with the demo team for the Scottish Country
Dance group to the music of pipers.

The main feature of the evening was the Boise Highlanders, a pipes and
drums band.  They put on a good show.

We had about 850 people in attendance, and a fellow at the podium said it
was the largest in the world, which we took as typical local boasting.  I
have not been to a Burns supper anywhere else, though, and assumed that
this was typical for a city with a decent sized Scots community.

But, given this knowledgeable forum, how many people attend your Burns
supper?  And I am not implying that bigger is better, by any means.

Ken Pollard
Nampa, Idaho