> still could be a made up name.  Or maybe Dan R. MacDonald made the tune
> and nobody knows it; he was in Scotland so he did use some Scottish
> place names in tune titles.  I don't know of an Arrochar in Nova
> Scotia.  Some names aren't on the maps anymore though.

And some names are local names, which are not and never were used as
map references. Remember "Gillis Mountain" from an early Rankin Family
recording? It references the Mountain (hill)-side where the Gillis
Family used to live. The fact that the Gillis Family hadn't been
living there in 3 or 4 generations doesn't mean anything. The local
reference to it is STILL Gillis Mountain, and forevermore it will be
referred to as that!

> >  I bet it's damned hot in Halifax right now, isn't it? :-)
>
> I don't find it ever gets too hot here.  It was a nice breezy evening.

I know that you poor deprived Americans need to be +30 to be hot. I
find 27 to 30 hot. IT's actually the humidity that really gets to me.

It was fairly breezy, but the fog rolled in, and the full moon is
hidden!

        Bidh mi 'gad fhaicinn!!!

        IWK Children's Hospital Telethon - May 31st & June 1st, 2003
                $4.1 Million for 2003 - Can we do better? Yup!!

 <<<<<   An ni\ a thig leis a' ghaoith, falbhaidh e leis an uisge. >>>>>
 George / Seo\ras Seto

 e-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <- Main
 e-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <- Alternate - Large Files

 url: http://www.geocities.com/george_seto.geo         | My stuff
 url: http://www.corvuscorax.org:8080/~gseto/creighton | Helen Creighton