Another one in A (obviously there are hundreds) which works well _before_
Calliope House is the Northumbrian jig The Roman Wall, a version of The
Eavesdropper. A young fiddler I accompany picked it up at the Folkworks Summer
School from Peter Tickell (he'd learnt it from one of my books, The Morpeth
Rant, not currently in print).

Back to Calliope House - it really is a great tune, Dave Richardson must be
very pleased with it. I devised an accompaniment on guitar in standard tuning
which sounds like open tuning if you let the Es and B ring and do most of the
fingering on the other strings. The chords are the same for both strains, 1
line per bar (I can't abc, sorry):

B/E - E
F#m - E/G#
E - E/D#