On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 12:06 PM, Matt Seattle wrote:

which works well _before_
Calliope House is the Northumbrian jig The Roman Wall, a version of The
Eavesdropper. A young fiddler I accompany picked it up at the Folkworks Summer
School from Peter Tickell (he'd learnt it from one of my books, The Morpeth
Rant, not currently in print).

I found these with John Chambers Tune Finder. Are they the tunes you refer to? I can't quite figure our how to transition to an E tune, unless I transpose it to A. But I wanted to find out if these were the tunes you meant. I At first listening I'm not sure I hear a close relationship between these two tunes.

John

X: 65
T:The Roman Wall
T:Pete Coe tune No. 1
M:6/8
L:1/8
C:Pete Coe
R:Jig
N:http://www.lesession.co.uk
Z:Steve Mansfield 1998-2001
K:G
D|GFG BAG|Bdg dBG|cde dcA|DFAd2D|GFG BAG|Bdg dBG|cde dcA|DEFG2::
d|g2g fed|efg dBG|cde dcA|DFAd2d|g2g fed|efg dBG|cde dcB|DEFG2d|
g2gfed|efg dBG|cde dcA|DFAd2D|GFG BAG|Bdg dBG|cde dcA|DEFG2||

X:456
T:the Eavesdropper
R:Jig
O:Ireland
M:6/8
%%ID:00000965
Z:Richard Robinson <URL:http://www.leeds.ac.uk/music/Info/RRTuneBk/contact.html>
F: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/music/Info/RRTuneBk/gettune/00000965.abc
K:G
E|\
DBB {c}BAG|Bdd {e}dBG|cde dBG|BAA ~AGE|\
DBB {c}BAG|Bdd {e}dBG|
cde dBA|BGF G2 ::\
d|\
g3 afd|efg dBG|