On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:34:33AM -0700, K. Richard Pixley wrote:
> I'm having trouble understanding what scratchbox is trying to
> accomplish, what interface it's intending to provide, etc.  Is there an
> instruction sheet somewhere for how to build scratchbox from source?

Scratchbox'es intent is to make crosscomiling as trivial as native
compiling.

Timo already pointed to the presentations, that hopefully manage to
clear the picture - If not, we'll gladly take hints howto describe
scratchbox to people who have never heard about it :) We have been
using it for so long that it sometimes hard to see things from
outsiders pov.

Building complete scratchbox is not a task for the fainthearted.
For most projects, Building scratchbox devkits[1] from the template
devkit[2] provides enough customizing capability.

[1] http://scratchbox.org/documentation/docbook/devkit.html
[2]
http://scratchbox.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=1.0/sb-devkit-template;a=summary