> > http://scratchbox.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=crocodile;a=summary

> Wow, this is much like what I'm looking for.

> I just have a minor problem: I'm using an existing Debian release (Sage)
> and only want to build a bunch of "additional" packages. Thus I do not
> want to download the Sage-packages every time I run
> ./unplanned-build.sh. Is there a way to cache packages from this repository?

I'm not sure what you are actually trying to ask. If you want to ask
howto build only a selection of packages on top of a existing prebuilt
packages:

Just add the packages yoo don't want to build to a separate binary)
repository, create a Packages.gz file (with dpkg-scanpackages)
and add it to etc/sources.list

> I would not mind changing the programm and sending you some patches, if
> you may give me a hint where to look for. I'm quite experienced with
> Python - and happy to see you used this language :-)

Well, python usage is still very marginal. most of the logic is in
unplanned-build.sh as shell script.

Cheers,
Riku