> Does the arm-linux-cs344-2.3 work for you from earlier installations?
> If you try packages from [1], for example.
> http://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/branches/apophis/r
>3/
>   Jussi

Hi
I haven't used all those toolchains distributed with apophis r3, only
one of them (namely arm-linux-gcc3.4.cs-glibc2.3). However, by now I
know what to look for and can easily tell if this particular problem
exist without having to run the binarys at all.

My error occur when the cpu is trying to execute the "blx" assembly
instruction. This is an ARMv5 instruction and simply by disassembling
the binarys one can tell if they require ARMv5 or not. Use this shell
command:
        objdump -S /scratchbox/compilers/..../libc.so.6 | grep blx
If you get a hit the binary need ARMv5. Below I've made some statistics:

>From apophis r3:
arm-gcc3.4-glibc2.3-1.0.2 = 2 occurrences of blx
arm-gcc3.44csn-glibc2.3-1.0.3 = 262 occurrences of blx
arm-gcc3.3-glibc2.3-1.0.1 = 4 occurrences of blx

>From apophis r4:
arm-linux-cs344-2.3-1.0.4 = 262 occurrences of blx
cs2005q3.2-glibc-arm-1.0.4 = 1246 occurrences of blx
arm-linux-ct401-2.3-1.0.4 = 2 occurrences of blx

I see now, from my own statistics, that all precompiled librarys to
some extent need ARMv5. However, they vary a great deal so I guess it's
pure luck I previously used a "low frequency blx" toolchain. When
updating I got hit by a "high frequency" lib. Unfortunately I'm still
using gcc v3.x.x and in apophis r4 no such low frequency lib exist(?).

Regards
/Ronny