On 11/12/07 15:00 +0100, Harald Radke wrote:
> hm, I updated the git source and rebuilt it...
>
> Intersting:
>
> * inside SB2, building busybox:
> "make install prefix=/home/loonatix/BB"
>
> takes about 40 secs before actual visbily proceeding (now I am not sure if it
> really hung before the update or if I was just too unpatient, sorry!)

It seems sb2 has gotten a little slow ;)
I guess the busybox buildsystem is hitting the path mapping code pretty hard.
Will have to look at this more later.

> However, there is no BB dir, neither in /home/loonatix, nor inside the
> root-fs

That's because you should do:

sb2 make install CONFIG_PREFIX=/home/loonatix/BB

> structure
>
> * inside BS2 building zlib and expat
>
> "make install prefix=/home/loonatix/<NAME>"
>
> works as it is supposed to be, all files correctly installed  inside the new
> dir
>
> * inside BS2 building dbus (after putting expat stuff inside root-fs dir):
> fails to include <expat.h>
>
> --> testing:
> main.c:
> ----------
> #include<zlib.h>
> #include<stdio.h>
> #include <expat.h>
>
> int main() {
> printf("test\n");
> return 0;
> }
>
> [SB2] [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/test $ gcc main.c
> main.c:1:17: error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
> main.c:3:19: error: expat.h: No such file or directory
>
> [SB2] [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/test $ ls ~/root-fs/usr/include/
> expat.h  expat_external.h  zconf.h  zlib.h

Hmm, I just tested with dummy.h in my ~/buildroot/usr/include
(~/buildroot contains maemo-3.1 rootstrap) and gcc found it just fine.

Does your gcc support --sysroot switch? It's needed for sb2.
Anyway, you could run "sb2 -d gcc -o test main.c" and send the resulting
~/sb2_mapping_*.log to me so I can take a closer look at why it isn't finding
the headers.

/lauri