Ian Burrell wrote:
I am unable to get scratchbox (for Maemo 4.1 SDK) working on Fedora 9.
I saw lots of places talking about disabling VDSO.  The problem is
that Fedora 9 does not have /proc/sys/vm/vdso_enabled file.  It looks
like the kernel is configured without compat VDSO support.

Indeed.

The same thing seems to be true with Debian's kernels from 2.6.25 onwards.

It sounds like glibc 2.3.3 does not need compat VDSO support.
Scratchbox is using glibc 2.3.2.  How hard would it be to upgrade
scratchbox to glibc 2.3.3?

Upgrading to a more recent glibc will most likely to be a major overhaul, however, a small upgrade such as the one you suggested just might work.

Assuming of course that glibc 2.3.3 has no issues with the randomized vdso...

Regards,

  Jussi