Hi all,

   I found a very strange behavior of the latest Scratchbox 2 (the one
on git) with a toolchain I have. The description follows.

I have a toolchain located in
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc

and a rootfs "diablo" from maemo.

This toolchain and this rootfs worked with old versions of Scratchbox.

Recently, I decided to try the latest version of Scratchbox available on
the repository.

I discovered that, with this toolchain, the new version of Scratchbox couldn't see the libraries in the /usr/lib directory of the rootfs.

However, a different toolchain (same rootfs and same settings, but
located in my home directory) didn't have this problem.

Therefore, I tried to move the toolchain from /opt/freescale/... to a
subdirectory in my home directory.

And it started working!

Summing up, if the toolchain remains in its original path
(/opt/freescale...), ld can't see libraries in the rootfs. If I move the
toolchain in my home directory (I have to re-run sb2-init, of course),
then the problem disappears.

This is a very weird behavior, and I think it might be related to a bug in the Scratchbox code.

If you need more information, just tell me. The mapmode is "simple".

Otherwise, if you know where the problem is, please tell me how to fix it.

Many thanks,

            Claudio