Dear Aaron,

I am not really an expert on this but I think that the problem is not
directly Scratchbox2; for some reason is the make process asking for the
usages of the host C-compiler and in that case is always the host libc is
used. (Even when it is too old.)

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Aaron Brice <aaron.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> make[1]: Entering directory `/scratch/kernel/linux-2.6'
>  CC      init/initramfs.o
>  CC      init/calibrate.o
>  LD      init/built-in.o
>  HOSTCC  usr/gen_init_cpio

Here is the make process asking for the HOSTCC in that case would
scratchbox2 step back and give access to the normal  /usr/bin/gcc of the
host and you end up with the wrong version.

I see a couple of possible solutions:
1. Understand why the HOSTCC compiler is needed and fix the make file.
   (To be honest I do not understand why the host compiler is needed, I
believe that this is just an error in the Make file or Config file. In case
of a "make menuconfig" is the host compiler needed to make the menu to show
on the host....)
2. Try to compile it completely on the target buy using : sb2 -eR make (In
that case you will need a compiler installed on the target rootfs.
3. Use the native method to cross compile the target:  "make ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/compiler" (search internet for more information.)

I hope this helps you forward...

Kind regards,

Han