On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Jussi Hakala <jussi.hak...@movial.com> wrote:
> Aaron Brice wrote:
>>
>> I'm on a RHEL 5 host system, using scratchbox2 and the latest 4.4
>> CodeSourcery IA32 toolchain.  It seems like it's linking against the
>> host system ancient glibc (libc-2.5.so) instead of the toolchain's
>> glibc (libc-2.10.1.so):
>
> You are building the kernel inside scratchbox? May I inquire the reason why?
> The kernel is perfectly cross-compilable without any scratchbox :)

Most things are perfectly cross-compilable without any scratchbox.  We
were trying to simplify cross-compiling our system without worrying
about the package-specific CROSS_COMPILE or --build options.

> Anyway, to your problem, which mode are you using? Simple, devel or accel?
> The version of sb2 would be nice to know too.
>
> Sounds like you're using tools from your host distribution (as opposed to
> separate tools root) and simple mode, but I'd like to be sure...

Tried different mapping modes and ran into different problems with
each.  In the end we abandoned scratchbox because there was too much
magic and not enough documentation, and all the focus was on getting
it to work with Maemo..  It seemed easier to add CROSS_COMPILE/--build
to our packages.

Thanks,
Aaron