I figured it was something to do with that, Im just not
very knowledgeable on how exactly binfmt_misc works.

Any ideas on how I could get both of my development strategies working?

I tried to copy /scratchbox/tools/bin/misc_**runner to my
chroot environment and it change the error to.

sudo chroot EmDebian/
/scratchbox/tools/bin/misc_runner: /targets/links/scratchbox.config: No
such file or directory

Seeing that I tried to make the file /targets/links/scratchbox.config in my
chroot env which, I just created a blank file as im not sure what should be
in it. It seems I would have to setup the entire Scratchbox environment
when trying to chroot into my directory that deals with arm binaries. Is
there an easier way?

1. Does scratchbox require binfmt_misc to be associated with it? If not can
is it possible to disable scratchbox from starting binfmt_misc?

2. Is there a way to select which binfmt_misc to associate with when
running chroot?

Cheers,
Adam