Awesome! A few things. A new cpan distro is going to appear. Moreover we have a roadmap plan now and on of the things on it are a parrot parser so that users will not have to compile sdl bindings and our work will carry over into perl6.
If you can mention this that would be great!
P.S. One of my personal goal is to have a game library better than pygame. So contact me when you start work

Kartik Thakore