I've always considered punk and hip hop to be very similar. The both involve
music that inspires a whole movement and lifestyle. They are both (if they
are thoughtful and meaningful) very political and smart. Both movements also
seek to make changes in society, while society as a whole has considered the
music to be threatening.....maybe i'm an asshole