okay, no one's going to believe me now after the joke i posted a week or so ago... but
i have the *real* tracklist to the new
album. here's all the info on the new record, "the rising tide" --

1. Killed By An Angel
2. One
3. Rain Song
4. Disappear
5. Snibe
6. The Ocean
7. Fool In The Photograph
8. Tearing In My Heart
9. Television
10. Faces In Disguise
11. The Rising Tide

TBCD3541
Produced by Lou Giorando
Co-produced by Sunny Day Real Estate
Engineered by Sue Kapa
Recorded at Dreamland Studios, West Hurley, NY
Mixed by Lou Giorando at Warehouse Recording Studio, Vancouver, BC
Mixing Engineer: Zach Blackstone
Mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound, New York City, NY
Songs by Sunny Day Real Estate
Lyrics by Hoerner/Enigk
Published by One Day I Stopped Breathing (BMI)

where did i get this info, you ask?

i copied it all down from the promo of the album i heard today :)

yes, i listened to the whole album today and maaaaaaaaan is it good.

sonic boom records in seattle has a promo copy of the new album and they let me listen
to the whole thing on a listening station.
i'm sure they'll let you listen to it as well. they won't sell it though, i already
tried to bribe them with a $50 earlier today. (which is
why i'm just now telling you about all this.) they also have a bunch of the pillars /
guitar and video games 7" singles.

well. it's good. a lot of new directions for the band... a little bit of technoish
sampling kind of stuff on a few songs. some
acoustic guitars. some (actual, not keyboard) piano. even a sound clip from something
like a movie or something at the
beginning of one of the songs. not very many heavy basslines, unsurprisingly. but one
thing is sure... this album will please
hiftbso fans and the die-hard diary fans too (ernesto?). "killed by an angel" DESTROYS
THE UNIVERSE with its awesome
rocking power. "rain song" recalls jeremy's stuff a bit. besides the little clip to
which i refered, there really aren't any transitions
or stuff like that, even though dan supposedly said there would be. the songs are much
more intricate that anything the band
has done before... i really couldn't digest the whole thing listening to it once...
but i think the guys at the store would have
kicked me out if i tried to listen to it two or three times.

"the ocean" isn't too much different than the demo currently on-line, a few more
backing vocals and stuff. i can't tell if the
whole song was re-recorded, but the vocal track is definitely different.

no artwork yet, the promo cd is plain white and just says the band name / title on the
front and the songs on the back. inside it
says the release date (june 20th, 2000) and everything i listed above.

it's really good.

really.