On Wed, 26 April 2000, Charles Scheer wrote:

> 1. I second the request to put the new stuff on Napster. Please, if
> you've got "Rising Tide", share it. While you can, that is.
>
> 2. It seems like just yesterday people were complaining that Sub Pop
> didn't do anything for Sunny Day (and they didn't), and now some are
> bashing Time Bomb for doing what amounts to "too much." I definitely
> think the label's (over) enthusiasm is a bit weird, and it is a real
> pain to keep having to jump through all those hoops to get to the new
> stuff, but at least they're not holding it above our heads like Sub Pop
> did. I for one like Time Bomb so far, and hope they keep up the interest
> in marketing the band. (This is the first time I can remember
> "marketing" being used in the same sentence as "Sunny Day".)
>
> 3. The new songs (all two of them we've heard so far) have been bashed
> as "overproduced" by everyone's sister's second cousin-twice-removed's
> half-step-grandparent. But to these ears, the songs are a VAST
> improvement over the primitive dankness of  "Diary" (like it or not,
> it's dated, and I have wished long and hard they'd re-record it in a
> real studio with some ambience), the positively poor production of the
> pink album (those drums sound like wet fish slapping on a slab of
> greased plastic as recorded by a Realistic kiddie mike), and "How It
> Feels' " almost skin-tight, cellophane-wrapped air (why is it that the
> more I turn up the volume on "Pillars",  the more distant the music
> seems to be). Far from bitching about the production of the three
> records prior, I'm simply saying that from what I've heard so far, the
> band has finally made a friend of the studio, and have dressed their
> songs in a style and character that seems to fit their complexity. Let's
> give the thing a chance before crying "sellout" (imagine that!!), and
> wait until we can really get a feel for the thing as a whole.
>
> I for one am looking forward to this month's revelations, and hope
> nobody waiting to play spoil sport simply because it doesn't sound like
> "8" can let us savor the moment and inspect the good upon (complete)
> arrival.

To All of you people on the list that are constantly picking apart evry little thing
anytime sdre does something new (ii, sounds like this or it sounds like, this i wish
it would be more like this, or the production sucks, ect..)  You people are sounding
like the average reviewer for like rolling stone magazine or spin your sounding just
like them and probably are just like them in a struggling band who isn't have as good
as any of the bands  they are reviewing and thats why they are reviewing bands because
their band totally blows! keep in mind the ocean that we heard its just a demo and the
song one its in crappy real audio so don't go bashing the production.  And as far as
saying the pink records production sucks what are you talking about?  If you put that
record on after listening to something else its like so much louder, and in your face.

VISIT HTTTP://MICHAELTHOMASMUSIC.IUMA.COM

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go