I know it doesn't count for much, but here's my 1/2 cent...

Personally, I think music critics are retarded.  I could spit out a bunch of
shit about bands, too...  it's not like they have a hard job.  But, they have
every right to share their opinions.  Now on to mine....

Why are people so afraid to let a band's sound progress?  I have the new
album, and I think it's incredible...  Sure, Jeremy's voice may get out of
hand sometimes with the falsetto, but it's not overbearing.  The music's just
as good as any of their other stuff.  Like I've said before, the band's sound
progressed.  They used a different "recipe" for every album.  They've just
graduated from the other sounds..  sure, there are traces of the others, but
The Rising Tide is its own album.  It portrays a completely different feel.
I personally love it.  But, of course, that's just my opinion.  Thanks for
reading, or if you deleted it before reading it, cheers.

-tortoise

"I dream to heal your wounds, but I bleed myself..."