i've been folling SDRE since the beginning.  to be honest i was very worried
about the possible over-productino of the new album (or which i have yet to
purchase).  but my girlfriend has the album and i've heard it a bit and took
some peaks on Napster.  i flew down this last weekend to see them at Slims
and it was the best show i've ever seen from them.  i've always been deeply
effected by Mr. Enigk live ... what a passionate person.

but to be honest, i think the new album is wonderful.  in some cases, it's a
shame that the fans hold the band from developing ... i don't even want to
count the times i've heard "play seven!" at a show ... myself as a musician,
writing is a constantly changing happening.  SDRE was who they were during
LP2 and Diary and even looking back at the unreleased recordings.  but
they've matured and are continuing to do so.  sure there is heavey
production in RT, but can we all say there was no production in Lp2, HIFTBSO
or Diary?  of course there was ... Sup Pop is sup pop.

i'm just glad to hear that they are experimenting with new sounds and being
very successful.  i was in tears half of the show, rivers flowed during "The
Tearing of My Heart".  i'm not talking tears of excitment, but of pure joy
and somber pangs -- the music touches me in a way i can not explain ... and
i feel blessed that SDRE shares it all and that Mr. Enigk conveys such
passion and Mr. Hoener such joy when they play.  i would pay 100 bux to see
that same show again without any doubt.

i even lifted my hand up ... it was almost worshipful the way that they
played and knowing Mr. Enigk's faith backround.  i think it's great that he
stays true the Lord and reaches many people in such a moving form.

just a note from an emo

blessings,
adam jenkins