i think you're being a bit too optimistic here...

the point is not that we have as much a chance of seeing them as they
(the dave matthews fans) do -- the point is that we have a lot LESS of
a chance of seeing them if they tour with dave matthews, than if they
headlined their own tour, or toured with a smaller band.

also... ok, i'm not a complete dmb hater, but i really don't like the
idea of sunny day touring with them.  not to be a complete snob, but
there are A LOT of kids in my school (er, you know, the abercrombie
kids) who like dave matthews, and i can't imagine them appreciating
sunny day, and i don't know if i'd want them to.

but i know i'm being harsh and stereotyping a lot here, and so if
that's what the band wants to do, then that's what they'll have to do.
 i can understand how they want to break out to a larger audience, but
i just don't think this is the right band to do it with...

but then again, i think i read somewhere in the chat transcript that
the dmb tour is not too likely to happen. *crosses fingers*

jen