At 03:55 PM 08/14/2000 -0700, Daniel Trudell wrote:
>well...we have as much of a chance of seing them as they do...think about
>it...we get our tickets from the same place, we'll have to wait in the
>same lines.  the ratio of dmb/sdre fans is statistically insignificant.
>
>on the other side of this coin...it would be awesome if this led to a vast
>increase of SDRE fans.
>
>Dan T.

Granted, you have a point here, but on yet another flip side of the coin,
we'll suddenly be paying $30 or $40 for a concert ticket.  Not that I
wouldn't pay that much to see them...but in a world of overinflated concert
ticket prices, not paying an arm and a leg to see what is in my opinion one
of the greatest bands of all time is an added bonus in my book.  I paid $13
for a ticket to see them this tour!!!  Not only that, but we can't even
rest assured that our beloved boys would be getting plenty of that extra
$$$.  As a "no-name" act in the eyes of the mainstream crowd, they'd be
getting a mere pittence in terms of cash AND of crowd.  Instead of being
somewhere that everyone in the place knows and loves their music, they'd be
in a place where most of the people there hadn't ever heard of them...and
most of those people would just be waiting for Dave to take the stage.

For the sake of SDRE and all who know and love them, I reeeeeally hope this
doesn't happen.

~Shagz