Hey everybody,

Just got back from the Charlotte Coliseum and the fantastic show
tonight. Well, needless to say I'm a little overcome by the humongous
Marshall stacks amplified sound system, as well as being a little tipsy
from the pre-concert parking lot nitrous oxide party AND the contact
high I got in the section I was sitting in, but here goes...

Set List:

1st Set:
Intro >
Killed By An Angel >
Pillars
Grendel jam >
Jeremy guitar solo (with meteor shower lights)  >
Grendel (vocal)
Snibe >
Whole Lotta Love riff >
Faces In Disguise
Ziggy Stardust
8
The Prophet (featuring Trey Anastasio)

Set 2:
Guitar & Video Games >
Waffle >
Cat Scratch Fever >
Drums solo >
space >
Dark Star >
One >
Seven >
One (reprise) >
Turn On Your Lovelight

Encore:
Medley - Disappear >
Rock You Like a Hurricane >
Crazy Train >
Dan plays guitar with bow >
Tom Sawyer

The show was fucking incredible, man. I swear I have never seen a bigger
grin on Dan's face, except the show last week when he announced "we're
glad to be back in Cleveland" when he was actually in Louisville. The
drum solo into the synthesizer space segment was alot shorter than last
night's in Milwaukee, which was great because my girlfriend didn't nod
off and miss the intense laser light and strobe-flashpot jam that
eventually led into the first "Seven" of the tour. The crowd was going
totally wild.

I really have to make a small complaint, though. Where do you freaks get
off charging twenty dollars for a bong hit, and not take Visa? I mean,
come on, it's not like the good ol' days when you could just flash
someone a TSMAP shirt and he'd just slip you a freebie because "you were
there BEFORE they got big." I mean, whatever happened to the love?

Interesting note: during the jam intro to "The Prophet" when Trey from
Phish came out, a huge roar came up from the crowd because, presumably,
everyone thought that he was Ted Neeley from "Jesus Christ Superstar",
but alas, those crazy, hazy days of Christianity are apparently gone as
well. I looked for Jeremy after the show but he slipped into his limo so
damn fast you'd have thought he was in the NBA finals. And Will wasn't
in the mood to talk either because he got in a spat with Dave Matthews'
sound man, apparently over his gong not being miked properly. This added
to the problems he'd been experiencing with the extra latin percussion
segment to "Waffle." He threw down the maracas and stormed off stage,
apparently coaxed back by some powerful blow and that chick in the front
row holding up her bra.

The parking lot / ticket situation was really bad. Hundreds of  mall
rats stormed the front gates, only to be turned back by gestapo police
on hoseback. What the hell was this, Laguna Seca Raceway? But I really
lucked out because my second-cousin's sister's boyfriend knows someone
at Warner Brothers, so I got backstage passes to the Riverfront Coliseum
show, and anyone want to bid on them you'll have to get on Ebay. The
reserve price is $2,000.

All in all, they didn't play ONE new song, they just stuck to the
crowd-pleasin' older stuff (as usual) and that appeased the masses, but
you hafta wonder: just when are they gonna do something a little less
non-spontaneous and start writing a set list?