hey kids,
    first off, id like to mention that i am not currently on this list.
however, i saw SDRE in Lincoln, NE last thursday and i thought id share the
info with you.  sorry if some of the information might not be new to you, but
it is to me...besides, the sunnydayrealestate.com doesnt have shit for news
and i cant find and recently updated websites with good info about SDRE.
ansigod, where are you?  anyway, on to my notes...

SET LIST:
pheurto skuerto
one
killed by an angel
pillars
the ocean
song about an angel
100 million
ESTYA
faces in disguise
48
j'nuh
in circles
---break---
the prophet
seven
the rising tide

OTHER NOTES:
- unlike at past concerts, where crowd response was huge for older songs and
just mediocre for the new songs, the Lincoln crowd responded very nice and
LOUD to all the material.
- the loudest cheers came from after "Pheurto Skuerto", during their break,
when they came back out, and when they left the stage the second time.  other
crowd favorites would be "48" and "seven", seroiusly deafening applause and
cheers.
- at one point in between songs, Dan said "I can see that we are going to
have to back to Lincoln sometime soon".  again, huge response from the crowd.
- before playing "Seven" Dan asked the crowd, "Do you guys want to hear
'Seven'?"  Of course we did...
- a few people were yelling a few things, like "thank you so much" and "we
are so grateful" and a few other things i couldnt hear.  they made dan smile
(of coarse, does he ever stop?...gotta love the man though) and jeremy smiled
a little and looked like he laughed before tucking his head down all shy-like.
- my favorite quotes from people in the crowd near me are: "that was fucking
awesome (after "the ocean")," "best $17 i even spent," "that was
in-fucking-sane (immediately after the band left the stage).
- i was shocked to see a 5th member.  i havent heard about it, though i have
been out of the loop and unsubbed from mailing lists.
- tickets were $17
- "pheurto skuerto" was amazing.  during the 3rd verse they all rocked out
until the chorus, then it went back to the normal way for the 4th verse (like
the first 2 verses).  it was an amazing song live.
- "in circles", "the ocean", "48", and "song about an angel" damn near had me
in tears.
- im sorry to say, but i feel like "100 million" and "faces in disguise" were
the low points in the set.  i guess ESTYA too, since it was stuck between the
two.  but the rest of the set was extremely powerful.
- this was the third time i have seen SDRE live...and it was the best no
doubt.  a pretty good mix of new songs and old ones.
- the band left the stage with a bunch of noise still humming in the air (the
end of "the rising tide").  kinda reminded me off another seattle band...not
a bad thing, just reminded me.
- the new guy, played keys on 3 or 4 songs, played guitar on everything else,
except "in circles" he got off stage.  also, he did some backing vox. weird.
- dan did backing vox on "in circles" (as well as the new guy), and dan did
some in "song about an angel" (you're married to the pain).
- dan's wife wasnt selling merchandise.  some other pretty girl was.
- there were signs that said "NO SMOKING during the Sunny Day Real Estate
concert".  though, not a lot of people bothered to pay attention to them, nor
did anyone enforce this rule.  besides, the signs were just pieces of paper
stuck the wall and were hard to read in the dark.
- lot of drunk people.
- lot of tall people.  annoying when the are in front of you.
- the place was pretty packed, and wasnt much room to move.  hot too.
- the first time SDRE went off stage, everyone was clapping and shouting.
very loud.  the band disappeared outside, and probably into their bus.  the
whole time everyone kept cheering.  people began stomping on the wooden floor
too, sounded like thunder.  who knows, it might be a husker thing.
- the show was advertised as an earlier show, with SDRE taking the stage at 9
or so and would be done no later than 11.  reason being was that they had to
catch a flight in chicago the next morning.  i remember hearing the flight
was at 9 AM, but i could be wrong.  i guess they were flying home to seatle,
and it was probably cheapest out of chicago (though kansas city is closer and
usually cheaper than omaha).  anyway, SDRE took stage around ten (really not
sure).  but they took their break a little after 11.  i was wondering if they
were gonna come back or not, but i was standing next to the sound booth and
their engineer didnt move (he was smoking though, shame shame).  after SDRE
came back out, they played until about 11:30.
- speaking of the sound booth, i caught the engineer at work.  i noticed that
when jeremy hits the long high notes that he turned the reverb knob up and
rit before the note ended he turned it back down.  he did this a lot on one
song, cant remember which one.
- the overall sound was good.  couldnt always hear each of the 3 guitars, but
im guessing that the new guy wasnt as loud as jeremy and dans.  just a guess
though.
- there were two Nader stickers on the tour bus.
- they had a U-Haul trailer attached to the bus.

QUESTIONS:
- who is the bassist?
- who is the new guitarist/keyboardist?
- who was the merch girl?
- what is SDRE doing now?
- are there any good websites for SDRE that are currently updated.

again, im not on this list, so email me privately if you can help me out with
any of the questions.

if any of you have questions, email me and ill post to the list again.

hearts.
jeff.