On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

My point being, that the fan base they have already know the songs will
kick ass live, so in that respect, 'it doesn't matter how sunny day is
live' because we all already know.  New fans who are turned off by the way
the songs sound on the CD and on the Radio will never get to that point,
because they will not go to the concerts to see how much better the songs
are live.

AS to if Sunny Day is or isn't trying to bring in new fans - c'mon, guy.
Of course they are.  They're on a label which while nomianlly indie is
half-owned by a record conglomerate (not sure which one?) to provide the
distribution for the album.  Have you ever seen a Sunny Day album pushed
as much as TRT was?  Advertising has only one point -draw in new
customers.  I'm not disputing the fact that SDRE wrote TRT for themselve s
(and are probably rightly justified in thier liking of TRT), but to deny
that they want to improve sales is ridiculous.  Would you be happy if you
never improved at your job during your lifetime?

Incidentally, what's with all these comments like "Either listen to the
music and love it or shut the hell up"?  That's not an either/or question.
It's tantamount to "Love the music, Worship the Leader, Believe what I
Believe, or I will not listen to you".  What is this, the SDRE-Cult-List?
Admiration of a band doesn't preclude criticism (constructive, of course).
As well, admiration of a band doesn't preclude LISTENING to criticism of
said band either - we aren't the Sunny Day Zealots, last I checked...

> I does matter how Sunny Day is live.  They have the fan base to sell out=20
> shows without new fans buying their cds.  I think it matters for them. =20
> People always forget that.  TRT wasnt for you.  It was for them.  Bands of=20
> Sunny Day's size don't make albulms for anyone aside from themselves.  Eithe=
> r=20
> suck it up and respect them for the amazing music they make, or dont listen=20
> to the cd.
>
> --part1_d5.286ccb8.27c1707f_boundary
>
> <HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=3D2=
>  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"News Gothic MT" LANG=3D"0">"Incidentally, the=20=
> way the songs sound live is of little importance - if
> <BR>they don't sound good on the CD, people won't go to the shows (except th=
> <BR>fans like you and I who know they rock live).=A0 "
> <BR>
> <BR>I does matter how Sunny Day is live. &nbsp;They <I>have</I> the fan base=
>  to sell out=20
> <BR>shows without new fans buying their cds. &nbsp;I think it matters for th=
> em. &nbsp;
> <BR>People always forget that. &nbsp;TRT wasnt for you. &nbsp;It was for the=
> m. &nbsp;Bands of=20
> <BR>Sunny Day's size don't make albulms for anyone aside from themselves. &n=
> bsp;Either=20
> <BR>suck it up and respect them for the amazing music they make, or dont lis=
> ten=20
> <BR>to the cd.</FONT></HTML>
>
> --part1_d5.286ccb8.27c1707f_boundary--

** "Have no friends not equal to yourself."             **
**      - Confucius, "Analects"                         **