sdre is an awesome fucking band...back in 94 my friend and i used to drive
around in his car listening to "diary" on our way to skate spots...sdre never
got popular because sub plop dropped the ball...like they always do...they
can only get a band so far...nirvana even said this...i think the sad truth
is that their is a fundamental difference between people who actually love
music and people (the masses) who use it as a soundtrack to drink, smoke ,
fuck,etc...just because a band is a popular underground band doesn't mean
that will translate to the masses...example sebadoh...their major label debut
really didnt do anything and the only people who bought it (myself included)
are people who had been listening all along...but back to sdre...i believe
they are very catchy not catchy to point of corniess but catchy enough to be
noticed...97X (a radio station in my area) played "one" and "killed by an
angel" constantly but then again they are an independent radio station...i
also heard "one" on the musak at my work...i think they broke up because they
didnt want to ruin thier legacy and maybe sdre had run its course(to the
band)...the record industry is a machine...it's basically all an
illusion...watch "meeting people is easy" and thom yorke even says
this...they get you used to a certain lifestyle and then they have you...and
why would you want to compromise this? i think if sunny day had gotten big
they wouldn't be the same band...sorry for rambling...late