"I dont like Korn, I really hate Limp Bizkit, and like Deftones. But anything they put
out, including Staind, Creed, and the likes of every terrible band, are putting out
music that is more real, emotional, and
worthwhile than the last SDRE.

matt"

er....no.

TRT has much more layers, musical innovation, and meaning than anyhting ive ever heard
from any of those bands.  im sorry that you dont like TRT, but sunny day evolved.  and
very few bands do that.  all of those bands you've mentioned are static.  they do the
same thing, over, and over again.  and its not even their thing.  with bands like
staind and creed, sometimes it is eaisy to think that the music means something.  you
say, hey, this guy has an impotrant, strained voice.  must be important.  sorry guy.
no.  while TRT is invariably last amoung the sunny day albulms, for me (not counting
live), i'd still put it in the top five releases of 2000, after radiohead and cursive.
 creed i will say tries.  so i respect them, at least a little.  but fuck the rest.
fuck them.  staind?  try this one on: "I am fucked up because you are"  wow.  hommie
has something to say.  im fucking impressed.  all that music is the pop culture
response to itself, attempting to make something more !
im!
portant because they can see tha
t people want something more, but since it is manufactured by the media, its two
dimensional.  the rising tide is fucking innovation.  the only, i repeat, only band
that ive EVER heard that has evolved more as a band is radiohead.  thats the only one.
 i think that evolution, as a band, is the most respectable thing.  if everyone stayed
the same,  we'd have nothing.  therefore you have to respect the people that do
something new.  sunny day has always delivered.  every band you mentioned has not.  i
could take bands, no, individual songs, and combine them to create these little pop
culture ugly ducklings.  but none, NONE of them is greater than the sum of their
influences.  i cannot respet that.