Hi Rene,

On 09.01.2022 11:27, rene de zwart wrote:
sorry I'm typing on a laptop and my thick vingers hit something and off, the email,  went.
. It seems almost to simple to be true?
. Looking thru corebootsrc/mainboard I see so many files per mainboard that I'm (even more) confused There has been a lot of work to produce those files

the number of files and lines of code per mainboard is really kept to minimum, containing only the exact board specific configuration. When compared to the common code leveraged across multiple platforms, mainboard code is very small.

.  what I have not found yet is where are the ( ??DT) acpi tables in seabios? do  i need to extract those en use the cbfstool to put them in the rom? . I'm trying to get my machine working with a free open source bios I'm not looking into bug fixing (yet)

SeaBIOS detects the ACPI tables that are produced by coreboot and parses them for its own needs (e.g. APM). For x86 you don't have a device tree like for ARM. Typically SeaBIOS is used as a coreboot's payload. coreboot loads SeaBIOS as an ELF file and handles any needed relocations and calls the entry point, so you don't have to worry about anything like that.

If you are looking for open source firmware/BIOS support I advise to drop a mail to coreb...@coreboot.org instead where community might help you get your machine working with coreboot. You would have to provide some basic information about your board:

- workstation/laptop/singe board computer
- architecture (x86, ARM, etc.)
- processor, chipset model
- any additional components like Super I/Os (for serial ports, PS/2 and fan control on workstations) or Embedded Controllers (for laptop keyboards, battery charging and fan control)

Thanks Rene

Best regards,
--
Michał Żygowski