So.. the difference is vgabios only, not seabios (vgabios-stdvga in this case).

And I can't get it to work with debugging vgabios, it always fails even with
DEBUG_LEVEL=2
(and level-1 logging isn't useful).

I was able to capture logs just for the non-working version, so there's nothing
compare it against.  So I tried a different machine type in qemu, the one which
works, which uses SMBIOS 3.0 (q35-8.2).

I also tried to compile the same vgabios with different compilers (gcc-13 vs
gcc-12),
in a hope to have working one with gcc-13 (the same way it works without debug).
This one produces extra output at the end.

This should make a bit more sense, but I'm not sure, never tried to debug this
stuff..

Thanks!

/mjt