SEARCHDOMINO.COM | New and Notesworthy: July 2003
July 11, 2003

FROM OUR SPONSOR:

- FREE DOWNLOAD: New Development Tools for Domino Internet/Intranet
Applications: http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,16009,00.htm?dlitools

IN THIS ISSUE | NEW AND NOTESWORTHY: JULY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. DOMINO/NOTES PRODUCT AND INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENTS
   - Mentor issues new iNotes deployment tool
   - IntelliReach analysis software supports Domino, Exchange
   - CertFX issues Sametime 3 practice test, new Domino toolbar
   - Cassetica unveils AutoPDF Converter
   - Instant Technologies reaches Instant Agent Framework 2.0
   - Deerfield.com unleashes VisNetic MailPermit beta
   - DYS Analytics launches one tool, updates another

2. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND LINKS
   - Tip Contest: Calling all admins!
   - Take our new poll: Tell us your gripes
   - Domino Definition Dare: Name those services
   - SearchDomino.com Exclusive: Spam is a pricey pest
   - Missing Link: Cell phones can bug mosquitoes, too

FREE DOWNLOAD: THINGFACTORY -- THE ULTIMATE TOOLKIT FOR DOMINO
APPLICATIONS
LEARN how the thingFactory is the ultimate toolkit for your Domino
Internet/Intranet applications. JAM PACKED with "things" to help you
extend the power and efficiency of your Web apps in a fraction of the
time. BOOST productivity, leverage your existing Notes/Domino
knowledge and leave those "work-arounds" behind. SIMPLE to install,
POWERFUL and EFFICIENT!

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE TRIAL DOWNLOAD:
http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,16009,00.htm?dlitools

JULY 2003 ANNOUNCEMENTS

MENTOR ISSUES NEW INOTES DEPLOYMENT TOOL | Mentor
Mentor Media Group, Inc. in Norwalk, Conn., has released Mentor for
Domino Web Access 6 (iNotes), a multimedia training tool accessed via
Notes or a Web browser. The company said it includes 70% more content
than Mentor for iNotes 5. Mentor already has offerings for Notes 6,
Sametime 3 and QuickPlace. The products aim to cut down on expensive
internal help-desk calls.
http://www.trymentor.com/

ANALYSIS SOFTWARE SUPPORTS DOMINO, EXCHANGE | IntelliReach
Under a new partnership, IntelliReach Corp.'s MessageInsight tool for
browser-based e-mail analysis and reporting is now available to
Domino, Exchange and SendMail shops. Dedham, Mass.-based IntelliReach
will incorporate technology from eIQnetworks in Wayland, Mass., to
sift through server logs, mailboxes, public folders and event logs in
the newly supported e-mail systems. More than 70 customizable reports
can identify the sender, recipient, time, date and size of the
message and unused mail server resources. IntelliReach already has a
reporting tool for Novell GroupWise.
http://www.intellireach.com/
http://www.eiqnetworks.com/

CERTFX ISSUES SAMETIME 3 PRACTICE TEST, NEW DOMINO TOOLBAR | CertFX
CertFX LLC in Columbus, Ohio, has released a certification practice
quiz for the 190-572 Developing Web Applications in Sametime 3 exam,
one of three tests required to become a Certified Lotus Professional
Collaborative Solutions Application Developer. The practice test
contains 88 questions and is available for unlimited use. This is the
25th Notes and Domino practice test from CertFX.

CertFX also released version 2.0 of its Domino Toolbar to help users
get Domino information from sources like SearchDomino.com. Once
installed, the Domino Toolbar appears bellow the Internet Explorer
address bar and automatically retrieves headlines. Users can also
drag or type strings into the search field of the toolbar and search
a list of popular sites such as Notes.Net forums, the IBM Knowledge
base and Google. The new version adds feature requests from the 500
users of the beta release.
http://www.certfx.com/

>>DOWNLOAD the Domino toolbar:
http://www.dominotoolbar.com/

CASSETICA UNVEILS AUTOPDF CONVERTER | Cassetica
"PDF writer licenses? Who needs 'em?!" is what Lombard,
Illinois-based Cassetica is saying after the release of their AutoPDF
Converter, a Lotus Domino app that converts files and Web pages to
PDF format with no end user licenses. The process consists of
attaching a file to or including a URL in an e-mail and sending it to
a Notes-based e-mail box. Shortly thereafter, an e-mail containing
the PDF version of the file sent or the Web page referred to will
arrive in a user's inbox. More than 280 file types are supported by
the new software, Cassetica said.
http://www.cassetica.com/cassetica/about_press_061203.asp

INSTANT AGENT FRAMEWORK 2.0 REACHES MS/ORACLE | Instant Technologies
Beverly, Mass.-based Instant Technologies released Instant Agent
Framework 2.0, a version that enhances existing support for Lotus
Domino, while extending the product's support to Microsoft and Oracle
database products. The software allows IBM Lotus Instant Messaging
users to create Instant Agent "bots" that perform database queries
from within an IM environment. These "bots" live in Lotus Instant
Messaging buddy lists and can be clicked on to retrieve the query
information.

Instant Agent Framework can be purchased through select IBM and
Microsoft business partners, as well as from Instant Technologies'
Web site.
http://www.instant-tech.com/instant.nsf/root/press6.htm

DEERFIELD.COM UNLEASHES VISNETIC MAILPERMIT BETA | Deerfield.com
Deerfield.com, based in Gaylord, Mich., announced the beta release of
VisNetic MailPermit, a spam-prevention tool that is said to
interoperate with all popular e-mail servers. The software works by
sending a one-time verification request to every originator of
incoming e-mails. If the originator is a person, that person fills
out a simple online confirmation, which ensures the prompt delivery
of all future mailings from that person. Users of the tool are able
to put contacts on a white list or a black list. The white list
members are never asked to fill out the online confirmation.
Black-listed sources, however, including known spammers, are
automatically and permanently blocked.

VisNetic MailPermit's one-time licenses range from $99.95 for a
six-user license to $2,499.95 for an unlimited-seat license.
http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_mailpermit/

COLLABORATION TOOL LAUNCHED, REPLICATION TOOL UPDATED | DYS Analytics
IBM Lotus Instant Messaging and Web Conferencing got a new
performance management solution when DYS Analytics announced its
Collaboration Control management solution. The new software provides
real-time health and availability monitoring, and enterprise-wide
traffic and usage analysis of instant messaging and e-meeting apps.
The tool sends alerts when performance thresholds are not met.
Collaboration Control is priced on a per-seat basis.

DYS Analytics also unveiled version 4.1 of its Replication Control
product, in which the company beefed up IT managers' ability to
manage and control large-scale replication networks. New features
include quick replication status checks, faster replication root
cause analysis, faster delivery of information via Web portals and
quicker unified single views of information on e-mail and
collaboration products. A task manager automatically schedules and
generates reports, posts them to the portals and can also provide
e-mail updates to an IT staff.

The software is priced on a per-seat basis and is available through
DYS Analytics' Web site.
http://www.dysanalytics.com/news_replication_control_IBM_lotus_domino.shtml

>> View these and other news stories here:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid4_gci914116,00.html

TO INCLUDE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IN NEW AND NOTESWORTHY, E-MAIL JON
PANKER, NEWS EDITOR: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

::::::::::  DON'T MISS THESE IMPORTANT FEATURES AND LINKS  ::::::::
CALLING ALL ADMINS! | Tip Contest

Are you a Domino or Lotus admin with tips to share? Do you know some
backend method that would help your fellow Domino admins in their
jobs? If you are and if you do, submit your tip to SearchDomino.com
and you'll be eligible to win a $75 Amazon.com gift certificate!
Categories range from address book to Web, and from desktop to
server.

>>CLICK over and submit your tip:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/tipsSubmit/1,289485,sid4,00.html

TELL US YOUR GRIPES | Take our new poll

What's your biggest gripe at work?

>>LET us know:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/#poll

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:
Where do you store your Notes ID files?
46%: Shared drive on the network
34%: ID Recovery database
11%: Local disk of personal computer
 4%: Domino Directory (names.nsf)
 2%: Diskette

Where do you store your Certifier IDs?
44%: Network drive
20%: Other
18%: Local hard disk of administrator's computer
16%: Diskette in a locked cabinet

NAME THOSE SERVICES | Domino Definition Dare

We dare you to name the services that are based on Domino replication
and security features and allow users to access and interact with
Domino Web apps through a browser without requiring a network
connection. These services resynchronize changes to source data when
they reconnect through a tool called iNotesSynch Manager.

>>THINK you know the term? Click here to find out if you're right:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/gDefinition/0,294236,sid4_gci537098,00.html

Spam is a pricey pest | SearchDomino.com Exclusive

Most Domino admins will tell you that spam is a big problem. Now
Radicati Group has figured out what spam is really costing you.
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid4_gci899506,00.html

THE MISSING LINK | Cell phones can bug mosquitoes, too

Insect repellent can smell repugnant. The odor of OFF! can be a real
turnoff, but then again, so can those big, red welts that crop up on
your skin after mosquitoes have turned your body into a snack bar.
What to do? Pick up the cell phone. The top mobile phone operator in
South Korea has made available a downloadable sound that keeps the
little bloodsuckers at bay. Evidently, the mosquitoes enjoy the
slightly audible sounds in much the same way Kid Rock might enjoy
Barry Manilow -- they get within a few feet, cover their ears, and
buzz off.

Source: Reuters
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20030710/od_nm/mosquitoes_dc

::::::::::::::::::::  SEARCHDOMINO CONTACTS   :::::::::::::::::::::

JOYCE CHUTCHIAN, Site Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

DANA MCCURLEY, Asst. Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts
questions and tips. (Please submit your tips via SearchDomino.com.)

JON PANKER, News Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

DAVID DRISCOLL, Account Executive (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

:::::::::::::::::::::  ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER  ::::::::::::::::::::::
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT
media. http://www.techtarget.com

Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

Unsubscribe from 'Daily News'
 - Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
>  or
 - Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
 - Log in to edit your profile.
 - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
 - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish
   to unsubscribe from.
 - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile."