Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter from TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
July 14, 2003 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: The future of messaging
>> Featured Topic: SearchDomino.com site exclusives
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured expert: Brian Mahoney
  • Developers: Debbie needs your help!
  • Tip of the Week: Dynamic redirection after document deletion
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Special report: Domino careers
  • Tips contest: Win a $75 Amazon.com gift certificate
  • Spam is scourge of messaging world

  •  From the Editor:

    by Jon Panker, News Editor

    Take a two-minute break from your day-to-day work to think about a couple of questions: What will your messaging environment look like two or three years from now? What types of applications will you have to support? What types of requirements will your end users be demanding? How much spam will be hogging your bandwidth by then? Come up with your answers and then compare them with what your peers are saying.

    Each year, messaging research firm The Radicati Group does a survey to determine where the messaging market is headed. They question worldwide companies on a range of issues -- from e-mail loads to instant messages and outsourcing -- and then bundle it all into a thick, detailed 250-page report. Last week, I had the chance to talk to Radicati analysts about what they learned. Check out where they discovered messaging is moving and then drop me an e-mail and let me know if their findings mesh with your messaging goals. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    Jon

     Featured Topic:

    SearchDomino.com site exclusives
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    SearchDomino.com offers news and resources from all over the Web, including our own content. Here are our latest news stories, expert Q&As and tips written by our resident experts and editors.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured expert: Brian Mahoney
    CLP application developer and administrator, BurmontPoint.com
    Categories: Application development

    Brian Mahoney is back! We know all you developers out there have loads of app dev questions, so start asking!
    View all Brian's answers.

    This Week: In the forums
    >> Developers: Debbie needs your help! Can you offer your assistance on these two ussues? Moving between divisions using a button and Limiting access to a view. Help her out, and you might be invited to be our next developer discussion forum moderator.

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer Tip: Dynamic redirection after document deletion
    by Robert Ficek

    Have you ever wanted to redirect a user to a different page based on which document has been deleted in the database? We've got the code for you. Don't forget to rate this tip.

    >> Read the full tip.

     Site Highlights

    Special report: Domino careers
    Today kicks off our Domino careers week, with exclusive articles for Domino/Notes professionals on career issues. Are your skills up to date? How does your salary compare to your peers? Stay tuned each day for new stories in our special report.
    Read the report.

    Send Tips contest: Win a $75 Amazon.com gift certificate
    Enter a developer tip or admin tip in June, and become eligible to win a $75 gift certificate to Amazon.com. Administrators, we'll send a bonus gift to the best admin tip submitted in July!
    Submit tips here.
    Spam is scourge of messaging world
    Read the full story here.
    Just how big a problem is spam? A new survey ranks unwanted e-mail up against other messaging priorities.

    Free Domino daily news delivered daily
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Take our new poll
    What's your biggest gripe at work?

    PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:

    Where do you store your Notes ID files?
    46%: Shared drive on the network
    34%: ID Recovery database
    11%: Local disk of personal computer
    4%: Domino Directory (names.nsf)
    2%: Diskette

    Where do you store your Certifier IDs?
    44%: Network drive
    20%: Other
    18%: Local hard disk of administrator's computer
    16%: Diskette in a locked cabinet

    Gripe poll

    Best Web Links
    If there's an article or resource that you need, most likely we've covered it. Check out our Best Domino Web Links section, and if you don't see something you need, or see something you don't need, let us know.
    Search by topic

    XML Tips newsletter
    In this newsletter, guru and author Ed Tittel provides you with helpful tips and tricks and keeps you up-to-date on the latest XML technology and trends.
    Subscribe now

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, The Most Targeted IT Media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this E-mail with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit e-mail subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".