Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 October 20, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  Cybernet: Automate generating eForms in Notes databases
>>  Swing Software: WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY DO IN 15 SECONDS?
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  Oh, Domino! Why Lotus is dropping the ball
>>  NEWS:  New partner advisory council looks at IBM marketing
>>  FEATURED TOPIC:  Top 10 developer tips for September
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Want a raise? Get taller
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
Oh, Domino! Why Lotus is dropping the ball  (SearchDomino.com)
When IBM acquired Lotus Development Corp. after a contentious struggle eight years ago, Big Blue proclaimed that its new subsidiary would be a linchpin of IBM's desktop strategy. Yet the Notes/Domino jewel that IBM acquired stands today at an awkward crossroads. Its market share is stagnant, and IBM's seeming disinterest during the past few years in challenging Microsoft Exchange has made users nervous.
More on this topic:
Read the Lotus report card.
Read about the improved Notes client in ND 6.5.
SPONSORED BY: Cybernet

--- Automate generating eForms in Notes databases ---
Design forms like invoices, purchase orders, airway bills and integrate into your Notes database to generate forms. Print or Fax; even convert to PDF for emailing directly using IntelliPRINTPLUS. Save development time and improve operational efficiency!

Download evaluation copy.
NEWS
New partner advisory council looks at IBM marketing (e-Pro Magazine)
The group, made up of 15 to 20 first- and second-tier business partners, will hold two face-to-face meetings each year to address topics such as database marketing, channel management and partner rewards.

NEWS
Reviewer: Office 2003 isn't that compelling (Washington Post)
The one reason to upgrade may be the new e-mail/contacts/calendar manager in Outlook. Otherwise, Office is already jammed with so many features, why bother upgrading to this year's model?

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED TOPIC
Top 10 developer tips for September
Two weeks ago, we brought you the Top 10 admin tips for Sept. This week we deliver the top developer tips. See what your peers are learning!
>>  BROWSE our Top 10 admin tips for September Featured Topic.

SPONSORED BY: Swing Software

Q. WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY DO IN 15 SECONDS?
A. Create 500 personalized letters in MS Word using Notes data.

How? Select 500 recipients from your Notes database, click our SmartIcon, choose the template, and in 15 seconds the letters are created with the transferred data. Save time and effort in creating your other office documents: invoices, POs, labels, reports, charts, and more.

Ask for our FREE TRIAL and have your stopwatch ready!

OCTOBER TIPS CONTEST
Make it up as you go along
It's your lucky day (or month)! The member who submits the best tip in October will win a $75 Amazon.com gift certificate so they can make their own prize. Have you been eyeing a Domino book? Need a techie gadget? Wouldn't mind getting a game or movie? Need a gift for someone? Amazon's has all the stuff you want, so submit your tip today for your chance to win.
>>  SUBMIT your tip here.

SOUND OFF DISCUSSION FORUM THREAD
ND6 on your systems?
SearchDomino.com members:
Are you using ND6? If not, why not?
>>  LET us know.

THE MISSING LINK
Want a raise? Get taller

Can the length of your legs determine the weight of your wallet? A pair of business professors found that tall people rise above their co-workers when it comes to pay, with each inch meaning another $789 per year in pay. Short people got the short end of the salary stick compared to their more "vertically correct" colleagues in sales, management, engineering, accounting and computer programming. So if you want to raise your stature at work, the simple things to do would be to get a pair of platform shoes, some stilts or start eating those veggies like Mama said.

FREE EMAIL SERVICES!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Administrator Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
David Driscoll
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.