Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter published by TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
October 27, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the Editor: Help us help you
>> Featured Topic: SearchDomino.com site exclusives
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Andre Guirard
  • Site Exclusives:
    >> Domino and WebSphere Integration Learning Guide
    >> Oh, Domino! Why Lotus is dropping the ball
    >> Lotus Report Card: Exclusive survey
    >> In our Developer Forum: Calling all experienced Domino developers!
  • Featured Tip: Reduce the size of your database
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Be a SearchDomino.com Achiever Award winner
  • Tips Contest: Win $75 at Amazon.com
  • Take our new member poll: Exchange for Exchange?

  •  From the Editor:

    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    Do you remember that line from Jerry Maguire: "Help me help you"? Well, we're helping you help yourselves with our brand spanking new Domino and WebSphere Integration Learning Guide. "What exactly is a learning guide?" you ask. It's a collection of articles, definitions, tutorials, expert advice, anything to help you get a jumpstart on a particular Notes Domino topic.

    Our Domino and WebSphere Integration Learning Guide debut contains categories including Tutorials, Integration help, In the news, Future plans and Not ready for prime time? They will, of course, change, depending on topic. The last category in this learning guide is feedback, a topic near and dear to my heart. We want to hear what you think of the learning guide. Do you find it useful? Which parts in particular? If the idea of integrating WebSphere with Domino doesn't interest you or leaves a bad taste in your mouth, then what other subjects would you like to see in a learning guide?

    Speaking of feedback, our tips feedback agenda is screaming along. You're talking, we're listening and then we're posting what you have to say. Some feedback strings turn into entire discussions, some include alternate code, some just yay or nay the tip. But we do love the notes you drop into our mailbox, whether they are tips, comments or Ask the Expert questions. Keep 'em coming and help us help you!

    -- Dana

     Featured Topic:

    SearchDomino.com site exclusives
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    SearchDomino.com not only selects the most informative articles from the Web, but also offers its own articles, expert advice and opinions on Notes Domino. Here's a look at our most recent exclusives on SearchDomino.com.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Andre Guirard, advisory engineer, IBM Lotus Software
    Category: Domino development

    Andre's answers to members' development questions are always in-depth and leave nothing to be desired. He'll satiate your appetite for code and solve your most puzzling problems.
    See all of Andre's answers

    Site Exclusives
    >> Domino and WebSphere Integration Learning Guide
    Some Domino fans say WebSphere is being pushed on them. Others say WebSphere is a good opportunity to learn new skills. Almost everyone says WebSphere is the future of Domino. Get a crash course in how the two technologies can work together with this Domino and WebSphere Learning Guide.

    >> Oh, Domino! Why Lotus is dropping the ball
    by Paul Gillin
    With a stagnant market share and unease in the user community, Notes/Domino is at a crossroads. And IBM is missing out on a chance to make it a core strategic platform.

    >> Lotus report card: Exclusive survey
    Is IBM Lotus on the right track? SearchDomino.com readers get out their red pens and grade the software vendor on products and strategy. These articles and stats will shed light on what you and your peers think of Lotus and its plans for Domino.

    >> In our Developer Forum: Calling all experienced Domino developers!
    Check out our developer forum, and give these newbies answers to their questions! Share your expertise, offer your advice and become a SearchDomino.com forums moderator. The more you contribute the more opportunities you'll have.

    Tip of the Week:
    Featured Administrator Tip: Reduce the size of your database
    by Michael Lazar
    Resident administration expert Michael Lazar offers his tips on keeping the Database Monster under control. If you have comments on this tip or any other on SearchDomino.com, be sure to click on the feedback link and tell us what you think.
    >> Read the full tip here.

     Site Highlights

    Be a SearchDomino.com Achiever Award winner
    Have you bent Lotus Notes or Domino to do something truly original to design, build or manage Domino? If so, we are looking for you. We have kicked off the 2003 SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards, and nominating yourself or an innovative team is as easy as clicking on the link below. Nominations will be accepted only until Nov. 14, so tell us about your project today!
    Click here for more details and to submit your nomination.

    Submit a winning tip -- Win $75 at Amazon.com
    Last chance to win or tips contest! The member who submits the best administrator or developer tip in October will win a $75 Amazon.com gift certificate. You get to order anything you want at Amazon.com. Submit your tip today for your chance to win.
    Submit tips here.
    Exchange for Exchange?
    Take our new poll.
    Are you tempted to move to the new Exchange 2003?

    Take a look at our previous poll results.

    Domino news delivered daily!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Vendor webcast
    What You Need To Know About BlackBerry
    Learn about BlackBerry offerings and find out why thousands of other companies have already chosen BlackBerry as their wireless platform.
    View it here

    Vendor webcast
    Extending Your Notes Infrastructure to Mobile Devices -- Painlessly.
    Learn how you can extend Notes e-mail, PIM, databases and applications to mobile handheld devices with no programming.
    View today

    Domino jobs
    Looking for a Domino Administrator position? Find listings in the SearchDomino.com Career Center at companies such as TEKsystems and Computer Sciences Corp.
    View listings

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":
    OR
      -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

    Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.