Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 October 28, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  MK Net.Work: Say what? You urgently need to cut your Notes operating budget by 30%+?
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  Gates puts a face on far-away Longhorn
>>  NEWS:  IBM's Stinger zaps Microsoft
>>  SEARCHDOMINO.COM ACHIEVER AWARDS:  Your chance to brag
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Smart carts make markets more super
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
Gates puts a face on far-away Longhorn  (SearchWin2000.com)
At the Professional Developers Conference on Monday, Bill Gates and other Microsoft executives showed off the interface for the software maker's next version of Windows, which goes by the code-name Longhorn.
More on this topic:
Best Web Links: Platforms for Domino
SPONSORED BY: MK NET.WORK

Good news of the day:
You can reduce your Notes operating budget by 30%+ in a couple of weeks. And you can evaluate the idea for free!

Act fast and beat out your boss! Click this link.
NEWS
IBM's Stinger zaps Microsoft (SearchDatabase.com)
IBM's new Stinger software is designed to give developers .NET capabilities and give Big Blue a chance to really stick it to Microsoft.

NEWS
Coming soon: E-mail to workers doing without (InternetNews)
The 45% of workers who still have no access to e-mail on the job won't be without messaging capabilities for long. Radicati Group expects that number to drop, creating a $6.7 billion market for bringing e-mail to the "deskless."

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

SEARCHDOMINO.COM ACHIEVER AWARDS
Your chance to brag
Have you bent Lotus Notes or Domino to do something truly original to design, build or manage Domino? If so, we are looking for you. We have kicked off the 2003 SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards, and nominating yourself or an innovative team is as easy as clicking on the link below. Nominations will be accepted only until Nov. 14, so tell us about your project today!
>>  Click here for more details and to submit your nomination.

FEATURED TOPIC
SearchDomino.com site exclusives
SearchDomino.com not only selects the most informative articles from the Web, but also offers its own articles, expert advice and opinions on Notes Domino. Here's a look at our most recent exclusives on SearchDomino.com.

FEATURED EXPERT
Andre Guirard
Andre's answers to members' development questions are always in-depth and leave nothing to be desired. He'll satiate your appetite for code and solve your most puzzling problems.
>>  See all of Andre's answers to member questions.
>>  Ask Andre a Domino development question of your own.

THE MISSING LINK
Smart carts make markets more super

"Too many carbs; put it back." "Nobody eats beets anymore!" "Ten percent juice? What's the other 90%?" Sounds like the kind of earful you'd get from a spouse. But one of these days, your shopping cart may nag you thusly. IBM is one of several firms working on a smart cart that can make your trip to the supermarket more, um, super. The carts have a screen and a scanner. You swipe one of the thousand or so cards attached to your keychain and, voila -- your cart knows everything about your shopping habits, from Advil to Zagnut. It can tell you which of your favorite items are on sale, where to find them, and that it's been six weeks since you bought the last batch.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving SearchDomino.com Developer Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.