Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 October 29, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  Esker: Experience pure Notes(R) fax automation
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  A new review of ND6.5
>>  NEWS:  IBM looks to bring more order to e-mail
>>  TRUE DOMINO BLOOPERS:  You can laugh at it now
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Would you like spam with that?
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
A new review of ND6.5  (Network Computing)
Network Computing's lab director was impressed with the integration of presence information and IM (instant messaging) capabilities but thinks Domino fell short by failing to introduce strong new anti-spam controls.
More on this topic:
Article: Lotus sweetens offer to move to 6.5
Article: Lotus readies 'really cool' new Notes
SPONSORED BY: ESKER

Experience pure Notes(R) fax automation

Experience pure Notes(R) fax automation with Esker VSI-FAX(R) for Notes. Notes-based clustering and load balancing for optimum performance. Least cost routing to reduce telephony costs. Central administration through Notes databases. And much more.

To get a free VSI-FAX for Notes information kit, evaluation CD, and/or self-running demo, click here.

NEWS
IBM looks to bring more order to e-mail (CNET)
Expect upcoming versions of Domino to include "Scatter," a query function to help locate lost or misplaced messages, and "Flood," which assigns high priority to messages from your boss or other individuals you contact a lot while shuffling away irrelevant messages and spam.

NEWS
IBM pushes compliance offerings as deadlines loom (SearchCIO.com)
Analysts say IBM is playing off the regulatory compliance fears of firms and believe this offering is likely to be met gleefully by CEOs with open wallets.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

TRUE DOMINO BLOOPERS
You can laugh at it now
Remember those moments when you felt your blood boil in a panic? Well, if that moment had to do with Domino, we want to hear about it. Send us your biggest, most embarrassing flub-up and we'll publish it for all to see and laugh at. (Don't worry, you can choose to remain anonymous.)
>>  Send us your blooper.
>>  See our collection of True Domino Bloopers.

TAKE OUR NEW POLL
Exchange 2003 temptation
Are you tempted to move to the new Exchange 2003?

ADMIN DISCUSSION THREAD
Determining size of Notes DB components
"Abilityto" writes:
I am looking for a tool that will take a database size and then split that information up into what part of that is data, white space, views, other design elements and other information.
>>  Help Nick.

THE MISSING LINK
Would you like spam with that?

It could be the coolest thing since the McRib. Hewlett-Packard has joined with McDonald's to provide Internet services in Brazil. HP provides the surf, and McDonald's provides the turf. The "McInternet" will be available in nearly 600 Brazilian Mickey D's by the middle of next year. Many Brazilians don't have Net access at home, so the McInternet will give them a place to log on as well as "put a smile on," unless Hamburglar steals the computers. This isn't a free for all, though -- no food, no drink, no Internet service.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Administrator Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.