Title: Today's News
  October 04, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Express offers Lotus new hope in SMB market
  >  Microsoft migration alliance has merit, but won't sway diehards
  >  IBM touts fingerprint reader in new ThinkPad
  >  More headlines
  >  Featured Topic: Know your names.nsf
  >  Ask Michael Lazar: Renaming a user after marital status change
  >  New Poll: How would you describe your knowledge of LotusScript?
  >  The Missing Link: Politics, Web make satirical bedfellows
SPONSORED BY:  SearchDomino.com Product & Vendor Guide

The Buyers guide is one of the most comprehensive directories of vendor and product information on the Web. It covers a wide range of areas for your research needs, including Application Dev, E-Commerce Solutions, Security and more. Simply search by topic, company name or keyword and you have access to complete vendor and important product information without having to comb through multiple sites.

Click Here!

Headlines

Express offers Lotus new hope in SMB market
[SearchDomino.com]
It's estimated that just 16% of mid-sized companies use Domino, but some say small companies often overlook Domino's robust collaboration features. However, with Domino Express, Lotus is out to change that.

MORE INFO:
Learn more about Domino Express
Check out our Topics on Domino vs. Exchange

Microsoft migration alliance has merit, but won't sway diehards
[Search390.com]
Microsoft's expanded alliance gives users the tools they need to move from the mainframe to the Windows platform. But can it actually persuade folks to switch?

IBM touts fingerprint reader in new ThinkPad
[SearchSecurity.com]
IBM says the embedded fingerprint reader in its new ThinkPad notebook will boost security and bring biometrics into the mainstream.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
Does Kodak own a piece of Java? (CNET News.com)
Tivoli gets new transaction monitoring capabilities (InternetNews)

Also on SearchDomino.com

TOPICS:  Featured Topic: Know your names.nsf
Do you know your names.nsf? Find out. Take a look at this collection of tips and expert advice on using, managing and troubleshooting this key component of your Notes/Domino system.

ADVICE:  Ask Michael Lazar: Renaming a user after marital status change
Dear Mike: There is a woman who works here who has recently become "un-married." We will call her "User Married," and she would like to become "User Divorced." Is there a step-by-step process that can be explained easily?
Click here to read Mike's expert response.

POLLS:  New Poll: How would you describe your knowledge of LotusScript?
Are you a beginner? Are you an expert? How much do you think you know about LotusScript? Cast your vote in our poll.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked about your reaction to the end of R5 support. Here's what you and your peers told us.

The Missing Link

Politics, Web make satirical bedfellows
[Associated Press]
If you want the spin, turn on the TV. If you want the spoof, turn on the computer. The Web seems to be satire central when it comes to politics this year, with both the president and his challenger being parodied daily -- and mercilessly. Surfers weary of the mudslinging seem to enjoy nonpartisan escapes into cyberspace. One flash animation spoof called "This Land is Your Land" has gotten more than 65 million hits since July. A self-proclaimed "equal opportunity offender," the online cartoon's creator said if people were to base their ballot behavior on his spoof, he'd be frightened.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

 SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip
 SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

Not a Member? We?ll activate your membership with your subscription.

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":