Title: Developer Tips
  October 05, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Developer Tips

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > The Learning Continuum Company

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Link Notes fields with Excel cells
  >  Activate 'Do not display empty categories' with LotusScript
  >  More recently posted developer tips
  >  Tip Contest: Submit your tip to win a new Apple 4 GB iPod Mini!
  >  Featured Topic: Know your names.nsf
  >  Ask Andre Guirard: Bring up a field's dialog list within editable view
  >  New Poll: How would you describe your knowledge of LotusScript?

Headlines

Link Notes fields with Excel cells
[Paul Bleeker]
This tip shows you an incredibly easy way to link fields in your Notes document to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. This is great for calculating IRR and Net Present Value, or anytime you need a spreadsheet to number crunch something or make a chart for you.

AD Train Your Notes 6/6.5 Users!
TLCC's User Training is the easiest, most effective way to train thousands of Notes 6 users. One low cost site license (significantly less than other training options) gets you the courses needed to train your users upgrading to 6/6.5 or for users new to Notes. Users can take the course using a Notes client or a browser. Easily customize the course lessons. Click here to try a free demo course!

Activate 'Do not display empty categories' with LotusScript
[Zoubir Aichour]
This tip shows you how to activate the view property "Do not display empty categories" without using Domino Designer.

More recently posted developer tips
[SearchDomino.com]
  • Creating a Notes form dynamically (Sept. 14, 2004)
  • Domino and user authentication (Sept. 14, 2004)
  • Five special characters in DXL (Sept. 8, 2004)
  • Create a doclink between two unrelated Notes docs (Sept. 3, 2004)
  • Moving attachments on a Web form (Sept. 2, 2004)
  • Zip from LotusScript in Notes/Domino 6 (Aug. 26, 2004)
  • More control of message formatting (Aug. 25, 2004)
  • Simulating dynamic fields and labels (Aug. 25, 2004)
  • View applet printing (Aug. 24, 2004)
  • Change views selection criteria on the fly (Aug. 23, 2004)
  • Auto-checking the server for DECS activity (Aug. 23, 2004)
  • Open a Notes database from Word (Aug. 12, 2004)
  • Create hotspot buttons on the fly using DXL (Aug. 10, 2004)
  • Firefox shortcut to get HTML page info (Aug. 9, 2004)
  • Using different colors throughout your Web calendar (Aug. 5, 2004)
  • Using names.nsf undocumented features (Aug. 1, 2004)
  • LotusScript error handling (Aug. 1, 2004)

    Tip Contest: Submit your tip to win a new Apple 4 GB iPod Mini!
    [SearchDomino.com]
    It's a new month and a new tip contest! This time around we're offering a truly awesome grand prize -- a metallic blue Apple 4 GB iPod Mini! Submit your Notes/Domino-related tips, tricks, timesavers or code today for your chance to win.
    Check out the prize and submit your tip here.

    Also on SearchDomino.com

    TOPCIS:  Featured Topic: Know your names.nsf
    Do you know your names.nsf? Find out. Take a look at this collection of tips and expert advice on using, managing and troubleshooting this key component of your Notes/Domino system.

    ADVICE:  Ask Andre Guirard: Bring up a field's dialog list within editable view
    Dear Andre: I am creating an editable view and I am wondering if you can give me a tip on how to bring up a field's dialog list within the editable view, so that the user can easily make a selection from the list within the view.
    Click here to read Andre's expert response.

    POLLS:  New Poll: How would you describe your knowledge of LotusScript?
    Are you a beginner? Are you an expert? How much do you think you know about LotusScript? Cast your vote in our poll.

    PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked about your reaction to the end of R5 support. Here's what you and your peers told us.

    Contact Us
    Sales
    For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Editorial
    For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Free E-Newsletters!
    Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

     SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip
     SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

    Not a Member? We?ll activate your membership with your subscription.

  • TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

    To unsubscribe from "Developer Tips":