Title: Administrator Tips
  December 02, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Administrator Tips

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > Postini, Inc.

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Preparing for consolidation -- Part 2
  >  Domino Web Access and JavaConnect client
  >  More recently posted administrator tips
  >  Tip Contest: Submit your tip to win an Olympus Stylus 3.2MP Digital Camera!
  >  Ask Chuck Connell: Problems using local encryption for CRM database
  >  Gadgets & Gizmos Guide | Find the ultimate mobile phone/handheld
  >  ITKnowledgeExchange: Spam filter

Headlines

Preparing for consolidation -- Part 2
[Michael Lazar]
In part two of "Preparing for consolidation" you will learn about choosing a platform, properly sizing your servers to allow for growth, the actual client needs and how to properly plan for a successful consolidation.

AD Expert's Guide to Choosing an Anti-Spam Solution -- White Paper
Overwhelmed in trying to choose an anti-spam solution? Find out how to categorize email security approaches, and use 10 critical factors to determine the best protection for your enterprise email system. Download the free white paper here.

Domino Web Access and JavaConnect client
[Rob Breault]
You know when you've found a usability tidbit on the Web that was "way cool," but when you went to find it later on you just could not find it? This tip is a great usability "fix" for the troubled instant messaging chat interface in Domino Web Access.

More recently posted administrator tips
[SearchDomino.com]
  • Preparing for consolidation -- Part 1 (Nov. 16, 2004)
  • Removing Domino iSeries folders (Nov. 2, 2004)
  • The best 60 minutes you can spend per month on your environment (Oct. 28, 2004)
  • How spam-fighting technology almost cost me a client (Oct. 20, 2004)
  • Domino cluster tuning (Oct. 13, 2004)
  • Meet the Extended ACL (Oct. 12, 2004)
  • Multiple connections through Sametime Connect (Sept.29, 2004)
  • R6 upgrade checklist (Sept. 21, 2004)
  • Creating the "Mark unsigned mail with attachment" agent (Sept. 10, 2004)
  • Shortcut to reorganize tables (Sept. 9, 2004)
  • Capture mailbox database size and export to Excel (Sept. 9, 2004)
  • Build an extended directory catalog (Sept. 8, 2004)
  • LDAP, Domino and Windows: Making it work (Aug. 11, 2004)
  • Monitoring WebSphere performance (July 28, 2004)
  • Cool tricks for password recovery (July 14, 2004)
  • More protection against e-mail address harvesters (July 14, 2004)

    Tip Contest: Submit your tip to win an Olympus Stylus 3.2MP Digital Camera!
    [SearchDomino.com]
    It's a new month and a new tip contest! This time around we're offering an Olympus Stylus D535 3.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom! Submit your Notes/Domino-related tips, tricks, timesavers or code today for your chance to win.
    Check out the prize and submit your tip here.

    Also on SearchDomino.com

    ADVICE:  Ask Chuck Connell: Problems using local encryption for CRM database
    Dear Chuck: I'm starting to test using local encryption for our CRM database.Updates can be done locally or on the server, and the changes replicated push/pull. When I test this though, any document I create or change on my encrypted local copy replicates to the server. But, the documents are not visible on the server version.
    Click here to read Chuck's expert advice.

    GUIDES:  Gadgets & Gizmos Guide | Find the ultimate mobile phone/handheld
    Are you on the go but still need to stay in touch with the home office? One of these devices could be right for you.

    Handhelds and Mobile Phones
    Motorola A630 mobile phone
    Nokia 6820 mobile phone
    RIM BlackBerry 7780
    Treo 600

    WHAT'S NEW:  ITKnowledgeExchange: Spam filter
    This ITKnowledgeExchange member is looking to replace their SPAM filter. They currently use XWALL, but it doesn't meet their needs. Can anyone suggest a good SPAM filter?
    Click here to offer your suggestion.

    Contact Us
    Sales
    For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Editorial
    For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Free E-Newsletters!
    Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

     SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
     SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

    Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  • TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

    To unsubscribe from "Administrator Tips":