Title: Administrator Tips
  December 16, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Administrator Tips

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Notes licensing: Not so mysterious
  >  Bypass filters -- Get out of jail
  >  More recently posted administrator tips
  >  Tip Contest: Submit your tip to win an Olympus Stylus 3.2MP Digital Camera!
  >  Ask Michael Lazar: Install Lotus Notes without file attached function
  >  Gadget Guide 2004: Just in time for the holiday season!
  >  ITKnowledgeExchange: Extended ACLs
SPONSORED BY:  SearchDomino.com Product & Vendor Guide

The Buyers guide is one of the most comprehensive directories of vendor and product information on the Web. It covers a wide range of areas for your research needs, including Application Dev, E-Commerce Solutions, Security and more. Simply search by topic, company name or keyword and you have access to complete vendor and important product information without having to comb through multiple sites.

Click Here!

Headlines

Notes licensing: Not so mysterious
[Chuck Connell]
This article aims to demystify Notes/Domino licensing -- helping readers understand their options more thoroughly by looking at the four licensing alternatives that Lotus offers.

Bypass filters -- Get out of jail
[David Appelbaum]
Spam filters often get blamed for blocking desired, necessary e-mail. This tip discusses creating new filter conditions for each blocking rule on inbound SMTP servers.

More recently posted administrator tips
[SearchDomino.com]
  • Notes ID files vs. regular computer accounts (Dec. 7, 2004)
  • Preparing for consolidation -- Part 2 (Dec. 1, 2004)
  • Preparing for consolidation -- Part 1 (Nov. 16, 2004)
  • Keep posted on your environment (Nov. 3, 2004)
  • Removing Domino iSeries folders (Nov. 2, 2004)
  • Domino Web Access and JavaConnect client (Nov. 1, 2004)
  • The best 60 minutes you can spend per month on your environment (Oct. 28, 2004)
  • How spam-fighting technology almost cost me a client (Oct. 20, 2004)
  • Domino cluster tuning (Oct. 13, 2004)
  • Meet the Extended ACL (Oct. 12, 2004)
  • Multiple connections through Sametime Connect (Sept.29, 2004)
  • R6 upgrade checklist (Sept. 21, 2004)
  • Creating the "Mark unsigned mail with attachment" agent (Sept. 10, 2004)
  • Shortcut to reorganize tables (Sept. 9, 2004)
  • Capture mailbox database size and export to Excel (Sept. 9, 2004)
  • Build an extended directory catalog (Sept. 8, 2004)

    Tip Contest: Submit your tip to win an Olympus Stylus 3.2MP Digital Camera!
    [SearchDomino.com]
    It's so easy! Just send in your Notes/Domino-related tips, tricks, timesavers or code now for your chance to win an Olympus Stylus D535 3.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom. Whoever submits the highest rated tip wins!
    Submit your tip and check out the camera here.

    Also on SearchDomino.com

    ADVICE:  Ask Michael Lazar: Install Lotus Notes without file attached function
    Dear Mike : Is there any way to install Lotus Notes without the file attached function? I have a request from our management for one of our clients. The management needs to have Lotus Notes access for the client but he couldn't attach any document and pass the document to other people.
    Click here to read Mike's expert response.

    GUIDES:  Gadget Guide 2004: Just in time for the holiday season!
    TechTarget's annual Gadgets & Gizmos guide is filled with helpful reviews on some of the coolest products available. If you're looking for a stocking stuffer for yourself or a fellow techno-friend, read our helpful reviews to see how our editors made out with these products in the real world. You'll find everything from notebooks to handhelds, mobile phones to mobile offices, tiny digital cameras and portable game systems.

    WHAT'S NEW:  ITKnowledgeExchange: Extended ACLs
    One ITKnowledgeExchange member asks: "I'm trying to use extended ACLs to limit who can manage OUs within a directory, including both person and group documents. Since group documents are not, by default, set up with hierarchical name, do I have to change them to a hierarchical name structure in order to limit who can manage them? Or is there another way within the extended ACL settings that will allow me to set this (for example, using the category field from the group document itself)?"
    Can you help this member? Click here to offer your advice.

    Contact Us
    Sales
    For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Editorial
    For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Free E-Newsletters!
    Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

     SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
     SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

    Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  • TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

    To unsubscribe from "Administrator Tips":