Title: Today's News
  February 03, 2005 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  >  The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  CIOs see IBM, Dell gaining, but fault IBM PC moves
  >  Developer and admin tools at Lotusphere
  >  Symbian boosts security and enterprise apps
  >  More headlines
  >  Poll: What about DB2?
  >  Formula Language Learning Guide
  >  Domino Dictionary Challenge: Which way to go...
  >  The Missing Link: Microsoft's iPod uprising

Headlines

CIOs see IBM, Dell gaining, but fault IBM PC moves
[Reuters]
A Merrill Lynch survey shows about 60 percent of CIOs saying IBM made a bad decision to sell its PC business to Lenovo, with only 28 percent saying it was a good bet. Some said they might consider switching vendors, and their purchases of other IBM products might be reduced.

MORE INFO:
Read recent IBM news on SearchDomino.com
Where is IBM Lotus headed? Read our October 2004 Featured Topic

The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers
Sign up to receive the White Paper Alerts newsletter from SearchDomino.com to keep up with the latest additions to our White Paper Library. White paper topics include Migration/Upgrades, Messaging, Domino vs. Exchange, Administration, Development and more. Subscribe now!

Developer and admin tools at Lotusphere
[ePromag.com]
Domino developer and systems administration tools always make up the bulk of Lotusphere Product Showcase solutions. Here is a report on some of the standouts.

Symbian boosts security and enterprise apps
[CNET News.com]
Symbian launched the latest version of its smart-phone operating system on Wednesday, promising stronger security, more customization and enhancements for enterprise customers.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
Worldwide handheld market declines again, IDC says (The Industry Standard)
In the future: Computing without transistors (Reuters)

Also on SearchDomino.com

POLLS:  Poll: What about DB2?
There are new Designer updates to support DB2. We want to know your opinion on this. Cast your vote in our poll.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked what you find the most difficult among administrative tasks today. Here is what you told us.

GUIDES:  Formula Language Learning Guide
This SearchDomino.com guide introduces you to Formula language, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find Formula language articles, tutorials, tips, tools, white papers, expert advice and more to pump up your Formula language know-how quickly.

GLOSSARY:  Domino Dictionary Challenge: Which way to go...
In packet-switched networks such as the Internet, this is a device or, in some cases, software in a computer, that determines the next network point to which a packet should be forwarded toward its destination. It is connected to at least two networks and decides which way to send each information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is connected to
Think you know the term? Click here to find out.

The Missing Link

Microsoft's iPod uprising
[Wired News]
To the growing frustration of Microsoft management, the Apple iPod is wildly popular among its office workers. So here's some free advice for Mr. Gates: Take an iPod, tinker with it so it crashes randomly at the worst possible time and then market it as your own. It worked before, and may be just what's needed to quash this pesky Apple uprising a second time around.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

 SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":